Thursday, October 29, 2009

So much to do, and so little time to do it !

This seems to be the story of my life! Always feeling like I am running in circles, but wondering if I am getting anything accomplished. This week the EART Team Blog ring is taking a look at how we manage being an active team member, a creative and productive artist, and still have a life outside of the handmade world.

To be quite honest, this is what I struggle with the most. Between two kids under 4 years old, housework, 9 hours of college, and my jewelry business I have a hard time keeping up! The one trick that I have found successful is to "budget" my time. I only give my self a certain amount of time to complete tasks. If I am not done by the end of my time I put if down and have to wait until I have spare time to finish. In all honesty, when I set reasonable limits, I have no problems meeting them.

The final, and most important thing that I do with my time is prioritize. If I have to choose between my family and my art, my family will win every time. Sometimes it is good to refocus and remember why you decided to make your art a business. When the lines get blurred and the art becomes more pressing to me, I step back and reevaluate how much time I "really "need

Want to read about how other EART members manage to lead a full life and still be able to by productive? Start here at the team blog, and read your way around the ring!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share