Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Favorite Thing

As a jewelry designer and artist, it is really hard for me to pick out just one piece that I have made and call it my "favorite". I love all of my creations because they all cam from my heart. That being said, there are some pieces that I have made that really grabbed hold of me so to speak, and led me by the hand through the creative process.







This is one of those pieces. It is named "Inspiration" because it inspired me to use different items as focal pieces in my jewelry.

The focal piece of this necklace is a Czech Pressed Glass Button. The button itself is new, but it was molded using the original antique molds, and was crafted in the exact manner that this company originally did more that 80 years ago. I was impressed with the craftmanship of the button as well as how easy it was to use it just as I would a precious stone.

Inspiration - it is found in the strangest places! That is why this is the favorite item I have in my shop.


Want to find out what the other artists in the Eclectic Artisans Team treasure the most in their shops? Stop on by the EART Team Blog and follow the ring around. I'm sure that you will enjoy the stories that they have to share with you!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share