Thursday, August 6, 2009

"What's my motivation?"

Sounds like something you would here from an actor on a movie set, doesn't it? Well, maybe it is something that we All need to ask ourselves everyonce in a while. Lately I have been haveing some... well.. motivational problems concerning my jewelry. I get to wrapped up in promoting this, and posting that... etc. I have forgoten what started me on this adventure into the world of jewelry design and sales. So, If you will bear with me for a few paragraphs I will illuminate.

Back 5 years (or so) ago, I discovered some pieces of silver work that my maternal Grandfather (Pawpaw) had created almost 50 years ago. From that point forward my interest was sparked! I had found something that gave me a dual purpose- to continue in my PawPaw's legacy, and to give me a hobby and skill that I enjoy using.

Back in March I decided to take my work to the public. My motivation had changed slightly though. While I had always wanted to be able to share my visions with the world, I now was seeing it also as a way to help support my family. With the economy being what it is right now, and my husband displaced from his job, I had to find a way to contribute to my families income while staying at home with my girls. After all they are my greatest treasure and motivator.

It was at this point that I found Etsy. It has given me and outlet to try to build a business out of something that I enjoy doing!

You see, my motivation, in all aspects has always been my family. I started trying to do something to further my PawPaw's legacy and have continued on in order to leave a legacy of my own to my kids by giving them a future through somehting I love.

Now it is your turn to tell me what motivates you! Please leave me a comment and let me know what some of your motivating factors in life are!

We have some really great Artisans at the EART team, and they have some great motivational stories too. Jump on over to Jennifer Nilson's blog to see what gets her motivated!

2 comments:

Deb Soromenho said...

Awesome story! Thank you.

I also find myself getting so wrapped up in promoting, posting, blogging, etc. that I don't create as much as I'd like. hmmm... maybe we need to make an official "Get Off of the Computer and Create" day! LOL...

OurWanderingAdventures said...

That's a great story! I find myself just getting wrapped up in outside activities during these warm months. I need to get my mind back in gear!!

Bookmark and Share