Thursday, September 3, 2009

Troubles and Trials

Even though I love designing and creating jewelry, I still have periods of time that I find myself struggling. It is not the silver or beads that give me trouble, but rather the business of, well, running a small business.

My biggest trouble when it comes to running my little corner of cyberspace is time management. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the business of getting business that you end up being a hamster on a wheel, always running but never really getting anywhere!

I am still learning the ropes of online selling, but one thing I have already seen is that it can consume you if you let it. When that starts to happen it is probably best to take a deep breath, take a step back for a second and them regroup and reorganize. It is really important to me that Indigo Orchid Designs stays something that is beneficial to me and my family, and does not become a burden.

Are there any things going on in your life right now that seem to be a struggle for you? (I'm sure there are, everyone has some struggles now and then). Take a step back, reevaluate and regroup! You will feel better for having tackled it, even if it doesn't get completely solved.

Reading about others struggles can help put our own in perspective and give us motivation to take them on! Go, and stop by Michelle's Charm World's blog to see what struggles she tackles as a small business owner!

1 comment:

OurWanderingAdventures said...

I agree! It's so easy to get carried away!

Bookmark and Share